Instructions for Use
The Irrisept Wound Debridement and Cleansing System is an irrigation delivery system. The mechanical action effectively loosens and removes bacteria and debris without harming underlying tissue. Use as directed by a physician.
- Remove any residual fluid from the wound.
- Twist off seal cap from Irrisept® bottle, turning quickly in only one direction to break seal.
- Remove applicator from applicator tray and attach to Irrisept bottle.
- Invert Irrisept (Step 1). Squeeze bottle firmly and direct fluid into wound, ensuring coverage of the entire wound.
- WAIT ONE MINUTE, then remove residual fluid from wound.
- Twist off seal cap from Irririnse® bottle, turning quickly in only one direction to break seal.
- Remove applicator from applicator tray and attach to Irririnse bottle.
- Invert Irririnse (Step 2). Squeeze bottle firmly and direct fluid into wound, ensuring coverage of the entire wound.
- Remove residual fluid from the wound.
Do not use on patients with a known Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) allergy. Discontinue use immediately if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs.
Do not use unless solution is clear and bottle twist seal is intact. Keep away from the eyes or ear canals; if there is contact with these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water or normal saline.
Discard if evidence of freezing. Not made with natural rubber latex. Single use only. Not for injection. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed physician.